COVID-19 MITIGATION MEASURES
Effective MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021, City Hall is open to the public. We do encourage residents and customers to continue to utilize other methods of service such as the drop box, drive thru, email, website, and phone.
• Departments are staffed. The public and residents are encouraged to use these forms of contact. Contact information is available on the City’s website at http://www.wyandotte.net/contact_us/index.php.
• In the case of a power outage or water main break, please call 734-324-7190. Additional information on outages can be found at https://www.wyan.org/forms_and_documents/outage_information.php.
• Please utilize the drop box is located just West of the drive thru in the City Hall parking lot where payments, yard waste and toter applications, property transfer affidavits, principal residence forms, etc. can be submitted. Forms and applications are available on our website. Please leave your name, phone number and address in case we need to contact you for additional information. The Drive-thru lanes are temporarily closed.
Engineering and Building can be contacted at 734-324-4550 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit applications for building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing can be obtained in the Department of Engineering and Building or on line on the City’s website. Applications can be submitted in person, by email or by utilizing the City’s drop box.
Department of Public Service
Hours for the dumping facility effective March 9, 2021 will be Tuesday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
With respect to workers, and to aid in keeping them and residents safe, please do not approach or attempt to engage City of Wyandotte Department of Public Service employees while they are performing work. This also should apply to US Lawn employees performing grass cutting services, and Waste Management employees collecting trash.
If you have concerns about their activities, have questions, or are in need of other services, contact the Department of Public Services at 734-324-4581, or the City Engineer at 734-324-4554. Thank you for your cooperation in this effort.
Department of Recreation, Leisure, and Culture
• Meals on Wheels will deliver all meals for the week on one day (frozen).
• Senior rides via the SMART Bus will continue with the following restrictions: no more than five (5) persons on the bus at a time and rides will only be given for essential trips (doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, prescription pickup, and banking).
• Parks are open for playgrounds, skatepark, dog park, pickleball courts, and walking paths. Please practice social distancing. The following are still closed: bathrooms, drinking fountains, Biddle/Eureka fountain.
Office of the City Clerk
Clerk's Office Contact Information:
- Birth and Death Certificate applications can be found here. Requests received by mail or drop box are processed the same day they are received. In order to obtain a certified copy of a Birth Record using USPS Mail or our drop box, you must:
- (a) Complete and sign a Birth Certificate Application OR (b) send a letter addressed to the clerk’s office signed by the requester using the Birth or Death certificate applications as a template for your letter (see links below)
- Provide a copy of a VALID driver's license or sanctioned state identification.
- Include check or money order payable to The City of Wyandotte. Credit cards are not accepted for applications sent through the mail or drop box
- Submit your completed application or request, documentation and payment to: The City of Wyandotte, Office of the Clerk, 3200 Biddle Avenue, Suite 100, Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
- Voter registrations can be submitted by email, regular mail, or by using drop box located outside of City Hall. Questions about elections, registration, or any other election-related matters may be conducted by email at email@example.com or by phone by calling the number above.
- FOIA Requests may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by regular mail, or by using the drop box located outside of City Hall.
- All other services offered by the Clerk's Office, including, but not limited to, Garage/Yard Sales, Peddler and Solicitor Licenses, Business Registrations and Licensing, Petitions and Rental Dwelling Registrations are available, and information can be obtained by calling or emailing the Clerk's Office at email@example.com.
• Block Party Applications are not being accepted at this time.
• Agenda items may be submitted to the Clerk's Office via drop box, mail, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, as always. Information about deadlines for submission and upcoming meeting dates can be found here. Currently, City Council meetings are being held virtually using the Zoom audio-only platform.
WDMS Customer Assistance/Utility Payments and Service
• Customer Assistance will continue to assist the public in every way possible during this difficult time. We are available via phone (734-324-7190 option 2), email (email@example.com) and drop box. The Drive-Thru is open.
• We offer online payment options for utility bills by using the following link:
https://bsaonline.com/OnlinePayment/OnlinePaymentSearch?PaymentApplicationType=10&uid=1919&sitetransition=true . You can pay by credit or debit card as well as checking or savings account. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. You do need a PIN which can be found on your utility bill. If you do not have a copy of your utility bill you may call us to obtain your personal PIN and/or change it to your preference.
• New Electric and Water service can be obtained via email and phone. Please call Customer Assistance at 734-324-7190 option 2 for additional information.
• The Police Department has implemented a modified report-taking process in light of the current epidemic. The health & safety of our citizens is our top priority. Police officers are frequently in contact with many individuals; therefore, are at a greater risk to be exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Due to these unusual circumstances, our agency will be taking reports via telephone for non-emergency calls for service in an effort to reduce exposure. The Non-Emergency phone number is 734-324-4405.
• EMERGENCIES - 911 Officers will still respond to emergency and in-progress calls, and conduct on-scene investigations when needed.
• General Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 4:30. The Police Station Business Offices are closed on holidays and when other city offices are closed. During closed hours the drop box located in the Police Department vestibule can be utilized for completed gun permits or other forms to be forwarded to the Records Bureau.
• If you have an inquiry regarding a criminal case already reported, contact the Detective Bureau first at 734-324-4431. Walk-in inquiries will not be seen without an appointment.
• The Drug Box Drop Off is open.
• Records Bureau will be open to the public Monday - Friday from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm. Please utilize the drop box located in the vestibule of the lobby for drop off of completed gun permits and other forms to be forwarded to the Records Bureau.
27th District Court
In accordance with the Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order, the 27th District Court will be closed to the public.
All court matters that will be heard via zoom. Those cases have been, or will be, notified.
For payments and filings please utilize the courts drop box located in the vestibule of the court/police department.
You may also use the online and by phone services at www.allpaid.com or 1-888-604-7888. The pay location code is 1825.
If you need to contact the 27th District Court, please email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for probation questions or concerns).
• Cable and Internet operations are fully operational. For appointments call customer assistance at 734-324-7190.
For further information, please visit www.wyan.org.
Electric and Water Operations
• The Electric and Water Departments will continue to perform normal work activities.
• All outages should be reported to (734) 324-7190.