COVID-19 MITIGATION MEASURES
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to expand and evolve, the City of Wyandotte, in compliance with the most recent MDHHS Emergency Order, is taking action to limit the impact of the virus on our community and maintain city services.
Effective WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2020 City Hall will remain open and will not close. But, access to the public will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. The drive thru is open.We do encourage residents and customers to continue to utilize other methods of service such as the drop box, drive thru, email, website, and phone.
• Departments are staffed. The public and residents are encouraged to use these forms of contact. Contact information is available on the City’s website at http://www.wyandotte.net/contact_us/index.php.
• In the case of a power outage or water main break, please call 734-324-7190. Additional information on outages can be found at https://www.wyan.org/forms_and_documents/outage_information.php.
• Please utilize the drop box is located just West of the drive thru in the City Hall parking lot where payments, yard waste and toter applications, property transfer affidavits, principal residence forms, etc. can be submitted. Forms and applications are available on our website. Please leave your name, phone number and address in case we need to contact you for additional information. The Drive-thru lanes are temporarily closed.
Engineering and Building can be contacted at 734*324*4550 or by email at email@example.com
Department of Public Service
Hours for the dumping facility will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Please wait in your vehicle and someone will come out to assist you.
With respect to workers, and to aid in keeping them and residents safe, please do not approach or attempt to engage City of Wyandotte Department of Public Service employees while they are performing work. This also should apply to US Lawn employees performing grass cutting services, and Waste Management employees collecting trash.
If you have concerns about their activities, have questions, or are in need of other services, contact the Department of Public Services at 734-324-4581, or the City Engineer at 734-324-4554. Thank you for your cooperation in this effort.
Department of Recreation, Leisure, and Culture
• Meals on Wheels will deliver all meals for the week on one day (frozen).
• Senior rides via the SMART Bus will continue with the following restrictions: no more than five (5) persons on the bus at a time and rides will only be given for essential trips (doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, prescription pickup, and banking).
• Parks are open for playgrounds, skatepark, dog park, pickleball courts, and walking paths. Please practice social distancing. The following are still closed: bathrooms, drinking fountains, Biddle/Eureka fountain, basketball courts, and volleyball courts.
• Yack Arena is closed for skating.
Office of the City Clerk
Clerk's Office Contact Information:
- We strongly encourage that birth and death record requests are sent by mail or by use of the drop box outside of City Hall. Birth and Death Certificate applications can be found here. Requests received by mail or drop box are processed the same day they are received. In order to obtain a certified copy of a Birth Record using USPS Mail or our drop box, you must:
- (a) complete and sign a Birth Certificate Application OR (b) send a letter addressed to the clerk’s office signed by the requester using the Birth or Death certificate applications as a template for your letter (see links below)
- Provide a copy of a VALID driver's license or sanctioned state identification.
- Include check or money order payable to The City of Wyandotte. Credit cards are not accepted for applications sent through the mail or drop box
- Submit your completed application or request, documentation and payment to: The City of Wyandotte, Office of the Clerk, 3200 Biddle Avenue, Suite 100, Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
**If you are in need of picking up a birth or death certificate IN PERSON, please call 734.324.4560. We are offering curbside pick-up of these documents M-F from 2PM - 4PM. We ask that you bring the application (see below for links), your State ID or Driver's License, and exact cash or check at the time of pick-up. All orders for birth and death certificates MUST be requested BY PHONE no later than 12PM on the day you intend to pick up the certificate. All orders placed after 12PM will be fulfilled the following day.
When you arrive between 2PM - 4PM to pick up your certificates, please park in the Biddle Avenue parking area (near the flagpole), and call the Clerk's Office at 734.324.4560 x8.
- Voter registrations can be submitted by email, regular mail, or by using drop box located outside of City Hall. Questions about elections, registration, or any other election-related matters may be conducted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone by calling the number above.
- FOIA Requests may be submitted by email to email@example.com, by regular mail, or by using the drop box located outside of City Hall.
- All other services offered by the Clerk's Office, including, but not limited to, Garage/Yard Sales, Peddler and Solicitor Licenses, Business Registrations and Licensing, Petitions and Rental Dwelling Registrations are available and information can be obtained by calling or emailing the Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Block Party applications are not currently not being accepted for the remainder of 2020 at this time.
• Agenda items may be submitted to the Clerk's Office via drop box, mail, or by emailing email@example.com, as always. Information about deadlines for submission and upcoming meeting dates can be found here. Currently, City Council meetings are being held virtually using the Zoom audio-only platform.
WDMS Customer Assistance/Utility Payments and Service
• Customer Assistance will continue to assist the public in every way possible during this difficult time. We are available via phone (734-324-7190 option 2), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and drop box. The Drive-Thru is open.
• We offer online payment options for utility bills by using the following link:
https://bsaonline.com/OnlinePayment/OnlinePaymentSearch?PaymentApplicationType=10&uid=1919&sitetransition=true . You can pay by credit or debit card as well as checking or savings account. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. You do need a PIN which can be found on your utility bill. If you do not have a copy of your utility bill you may call us to obtain your personal PIN and/or change it to your preference.
• New Electric and Water service can be obtained via email and phone. Please call Customer Assistance at 734-324-7190 option 2 for additional information.
• The Police Department has implemented a modified report-taking process in light of the current epidemic. The health & safety of our citizens is our top priority. Police officers are frequently in contact with many individuals; therefore, are at a greater risk to be exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Due to these unusual circumstances, our agency will be taking reports via telephone for non-emergency calls for service in an effort to reduce exposure. The Non-Emergency phone number is 734-324-4405.
• EMERGENCIES - 911 Officers will still respond to emergency and in-progress calls, and conduct on-scene investigations when needed.
• The Police/27th District Court lobby will only be open on Thursday’s for the State Court Docket, once the docket is finished, the lobby will close. The Police/Court lobby will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays. If you have an Emergency and are at the Police Station, you can use the outer vestibule call box to contact a police officer.
• If you have an inquiry regarding a criminal case already reported, contact the Detective Bureau first at 734-324-4431. Walk-in inquiries will not be seen without an appointment.
• The Drug Box Drop Off is closed.
• Records Bureau will be open to the public Thursday from 9"00am until 2:00pm ONLY. After hour inquiries regarding reports or gun permits can call 734-324-4413, 734-324-4414, or 734-324-4415. Please utilize the drop box located in the vestibule of the lobby for drop off of completed gun permits and other forms to be forwarded to the Records Bureau.
27th District Court
In accordance with the Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order, the 27th District Court will be closed to the public.
• Cable and Internet operations are fully operational. For appointments call customer assistance at 734-324-7190.
For further information, please visit www.wyan.org.
Electric and Water Operations
• The Electric and Water Departments will continue to perform normal work activities.
• All outages should be reported to (734) 324-7190.