Leaves will be collected in bulk by the Wyandotte DPS, with vacuum machines or loaders. Please observe the following rules for the collections:
1. Rake all leaves into the street at the curb.
2. Do not mix sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment or our employees.
3. Leaves that are placed in cardboard boxes, paper bags, or plastic bags will not be collected.
4. For safety reasons, please do not allow children to play in the piles that are placed in the road.
5. Do not park over or near leaf piles due to the potential fire hazard.
6. Wetting the leaf piles with a garden hose will prevent blowing and also reduce the risk of fires.
7. Do not place leaves in street until your scheduled leaf collection week.
All leaves should be at the curb the Monday of each week indicated. We are requesting residents avoid parking on the street during their weeks of leaf collection. We also request residents DO NOT place any corn stalks, pumpkins or garden debris in the street during leaf collection. Those items can be recycled at the Drop-Off Recycling Center.
Leaves can also be dropped-off at the Recycling Center. The Drop-off Recycling Center hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Recycling Center is closed on Holidays. There will be extended hours during the month of November with the Recycling Center remaining open until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and open on Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2021 Leaf Collection Schedule
Pink Section: October 25-29
Yellow Section: November 1-5
Orange Section: November 8-12
Blue Section: November 15-19
Purple Section: November 22-26
Every effort will be made to adhere to the above schedule, however, weather conditions, holidays and equipment breakdowns may cause schedule delays. We will not go back into a section until we have completed the entire city.