2018 Election Dates
November 6, 2018 – State General Election
October 9, 2018
Voter Registration deadline for those who intend to vote in the State General Election
November 3, 2018
BY 2:00 PM
Deadline to submit an application to receive an absent voter ballot by mail
November 5, 2018
BY 4:00 PM
Deadline to obtain an absent voter ballot – ballots received on this day MUST be voted in person in the Clerk’s Office
November 2018 General Election Information
ABSENTEE VOTER APPLICATION SUBMITTAL:
After filling out an absent voter ballot application, sign and date the application in the designated places. YOUR SIGNATURE MUST APPEAR ON THE APPLICATION OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN ABSENT VOTER BALLOT.
Deliver the application to the City Clerk’s Office by one of the following methods:
- Scan, save and email the application as a PDF file to the Clerk’s office: email@example.com
- Mail the application to Clerk’s Office: Wyandotte City Clerk, 3200 Biddle Avenue, Suite 100, Wyandotte, Michigan 48192.
- Deliver the application personally to the office of the City Clerk or to an authorized assistant of the Clerk.
- A member of the immediate family of the voter including a father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, grandparent, or grandchild, OR a person residing in the voter's household may mail or deliver the application to the office of the City Clerk for the applicant.
- In the event an applicant cannot return the application in any of the above methods, the applicant may select any registered elector to return the application. The person returning the application must sign and return a Certificate of Authorized Registered Elector Returning Absentee Ballot Application on the back of the Absentee Ballot Application.
IF YOU WISH TO RECEIVE A BALLOT BY MAIL, THE DEADLINE TO RETURN AN ABSENTEE VOTER APPLICATION IS 2:00PM ON THE SATURDAY PRECEDING THE ELECTION. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON IN THE CLERK’S OFFICE UNTIL 4:00PM ON THE DAY BEFORE (MONDAY) ANY ELECTION. IF YOU RETURN YOUR APPLICATION AND ARE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN AN ABSENT VOTER BALLOT ON THIS DAY, YOU MUST VOTE YOUR BALLOT IN PERSON IN THE CLERK’S OFFICE.
Ballots are usually available 6-8 weeks prior to each election. The clerk will issue Absentee Ballots to all who have a completed and signed Absentee Voter Application on file. upon receiving your completed and signed Absentee Voter Application AND once they are available. If your application was submitted via mail, fax, or email, your ballot will be mailed to you. If you drop off your completed and signed application in person, your ballot may be obtained at the Clerk’s Office IF they are available.
The Ballot envelope MUST BE SIGNED BY THE VOTER, where indicated, in order for the ballot to be counted.
You may register to vote at the City Clerk’s Office or a Secretary of State branch office. For more information on voter registration you may visit the Michigan Voter Information Center.
In order to register to vote you must:
- Complete and sign the voter registration form.
- Show proof of a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License or sanctioned identification from the State of Michigan.
Effective April 1, 2000, Michigan law requires that the same address be used for voter registration and driver license purposes. Therefore, if the residence address you provide when registering to vote differs from the address shown on your Michigan driver license or personal identification card, the Secretary of State will automatically update your driver license or personal identification card address. If an address change is made, the Secretary of State will mail you an address update sticker for your driver license or personal identification card.**NOTICE - RECENT LOCATION CHANGES MADE TO PRECINCTS 6, 7, & 10
The City of Wyandotte has a total of 10 polling precincts. Please refer to your voter registration card to determine your polling location. You may only vote at the precinct listed on your voter registration card. Precinct polling locations are as follows:
|PRECINCT NUMBER 1
The Salvation Army
|PRECINCT NUMBER 6
PLAV Post #74 Hall
963 Oak St.
|PRECINCT NUMBER 2
The Copeland Center
2306 Fourth Street
|PRECINCT NUMBER 7
FOP #111 Hall
822 Oak Street
|PRECINCT NUMBER 3
3131 Third Street
|PRECINCT NUMBER 8
|PRECINCT NUMBER 4
633 Ford Avenue
|PRECINCT NUMBER 9
|PRECINCT NUMBER 5
633 Ford Avenue
|PRECINCT NUMBER 10
FOP #111 Hall
822 Oak Street
Michigan has a voter identification requirement at the polls. Voters are asked to present an acceptable photo ID such as a Michigan’s driver’s license or identification card. Please note that voters who do not have an acceptable form of ID or failed to bring it with them to the polls can still vote. They simply sign a brief affidavit stating that they are not in possession of a photo ID. Their ballots are included with all others and counted on Election Day.
The following types of photo ID are acceptable:
- Michigan driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- Driver’s license or personal identification card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued photo identification
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID with photo
- Student identification with photo from a high school or accredited institution of higher learning
- Tribal identification card with photo
The ID does not need your address.
ELECTION INFORMATION AND RESULTS
Election information and results may be obtained by contacting the Clerk’s office via email or phone. There is no charge for election results. Please include your name, address and phone number when making this request. If you would like to request specific voter information, please read and complete the application below. Once complete, you may return to the Office of the City Clerk for processing. You must apply in writing in order for this request to be fulfilled.
Elections for Wyandotte City Offices are held every 4th odd year in May.
School Board elections are held every 2nd even year in November.