The Wyandotte Community Garden is located on Oak between first and second streets adjacent to the Wyandotte Farmers Market lot. Individuals and organizations are invited to rent a plot at the Community Garden. Rental is FREE and on a first-come first-served basis. PLEASE NOTE: Community Garden Parking is located at the parking lot on Oak and First streets.
Community Garden Work Days
These days are designated for gardeners and other community volunteers to visit the community garden, and help clean the area, including collecting and removing trash, trimming the grass around your own bed, and organizing the the garden area, coiling hoses, etc. Please do not interfere with the plants or decorations in any bed that is not your own. There are no official start or end times for clean up day - just visit the garden and do what you can to keep things looking great. If you have reserved a community garden bed, please help us keep the garden beautiful by helping out on clean up days and any other days!
2017 Planting Dates
|City-Wide Spring Clean-Up||April 22, 2017|
|Community Garden Opening||April 29, 2017|
|Community Garden Work Day||TBD|
|Spring Dig-In||May 20, 2017|
|Community Garden Work Day||June 2017 (TBD)|
|Community Garden Work Day||July 2017 (TBD)|
|Community Garden Work Day||August 2017 (TBD)|
|Community Garden Work Day||September 2017 (TBD)|
|Fall Dig-In||September 16, 2017|
|Community Garden Work Day||October 2017 (TBD)|
|Community Garden Closing||November 11, 2017|
Community Garden Etiquette
- Begin planting by June 1 and keep plots planted and maintained throughout the growing season.
- Clean up plots by November 1st.
- Keep weeds under control.
- Pick up trash and litter from the garden.
- Plant tall crops where they will not shade neighboring plots.
- Harvest only your own crops, unless given permission by other plot owners.
- Do not use fertilizers, insecticides or weed repellents that will affect other plots.
- Do not grow invasive or illegal plants.
- Do not bring pets into the garden.
- Notify the Beautification Commission if you abandon your plot.